Nov 6 : Decennial Celebration of Shanthi Kiran Counseling Centre (SKCC) was held on 5 November 2018 at Pastoral Institute Bajjodi Mangalore.
Most Rev Dr Peter Paul Saldanha the Bishop of Mangalore presided over the Eucharistic celebration.Fr Vincent Monthiero the founder of SKCC preached the homily. Many priests joined to concelebrate the Eucharist to thank God for the services of SKCC and prayed for its future endeavors.
A Documentary on Shanthi Kiran Counseling Centre produced by Canara Communication Centre was screened after the mass.
Fr Dyan Vas SJ Rector of St Aloysius College in his chief guests address spoke about challenges of present youth and support system that required for an individual to become an integrated person. Unfortunately the support systems like, Spousal Support system, family Support systems are weakening, as a result the growth of an individual becomes stagnant. There are academic counselors who conduct courses. We need counselors with patience, counselors who spend time with clients. He explained his views with anecdotes that captured the audience.
In His presidential Address Bishop Peter Paul shared his personal experience how counseling helped him to overcome the fear of authorities. He said counseling made him to accept oneself. A good counselor and spiritual director can help a person to be free from all fears and make an integrated person.
Most Rev Dr Peter Paul Saldanha Bishop of Mangalore , Msgr Maxim Noronha Vicar General, Fr Dyan Vas SJ Rector St Aloysius College, Fr Vincenct Monthiero Parish Priest Bendoor Church, Fr Peter D Souza Director Pastoral Institute, Fr Arun Lobo Director SKCC were present on dais.
Fr Arun Lobo welcomed the guests with offering rose saplings, Msgr Maxim Noronha said grace before meals, Fr Anil A Lobo Rector Graduate Seminarians compeered the program. Many Priests, religious, counselors, and others witnessed the occasion.
SERVICES OFFERED BY THE CENTRE
- Individual Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Career/Vocational Counseling
- Couple Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Personality Enhancement Programs
- Psychological Workshops
- Psychologial Assessment
1. Specialized Services are provided in dealing depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety disorders, Adjustment Difficulties, Addictions, Crisis Management, Stress Management and Anger Management.
2. Career/Vocational Counseling, Guidance counseling, Couple Counseling, Adolescent and Youth counseling.
3. Referrals to psychiatrists, psychologists and other health professionals
Courses offered from the Centre:
- Psychological First Aid
- Guidance Programs (teachers, students, youth, women)
- Psycho Sexual Integrity
- Psycho Spiritual Maturity
- Counseling Skills
- Counseling Therapies
- Stress management
- Anger management
- Soft Skills Training
- Issues and Challenges of adolescence
- Challenges of Youth
- Inner Child Therapy
- Parenting Skills
- Personality Development
- Career Decisiveness to the SSLC/PUC students
- Substance Abuse and its effects
- Social Media and Familial relations
1. Training persons for Disaster Management and Trauma Counseling
2. Rehabilitation to Adolescents with Substance Abuse and Cyber addictions
3. Psycho Spiritual integration of children, adolescents, and youth
4. Training guidance counselors to schools and colleges
5. Decennial Block for Academic Research in Counseling and Psychotherapy
SKCC is located at Nanthoor junction in Pastoral Institute, Shanthi Kiran, Bajjodi. The Centre is open on weekdays 9.30 am to 5pm. Services are available on prior appointments. Contact number: 8105681256