Sep 13 : The long overdue investiture ceremony of the Father Muller Medical College Student Body Council was held on Monday, 13th September, 2021 in the Decennial Memorial Hall of Father Muller Charitable Institutions.
The programme began with the procession led by the president of the outgoing council, Mr Abhishek D Kuriakose.
The Emcees for the occasion Mr Eric Anthony and Ms. Jianne Joy welcomed the esteemed dignitaries Fr Richard Coelho, Director, FMCI; Fr Rudolph Ravi D’Sa, Hospital Administrator, FMMCH; Fr Ajith Menezes, Administrator FMMC; Dr Jayaprakash Alva, Dean FMMC and Dr Ramesh Bhat, Vice-Dean FMMC, faculty, staff and students to the ceremony.
The blessings of the Almighty were invoked by a prayer song rendered by the students of batch 2017, FMMC.
The welcome speech was delivered by Dr Lenon D’Souza, staff advisor of the cultural committee, 2019-20.
Certificates were presented to the members of the old council by Father Rudolph Ravi D’Sa, Hospital Administrator, FMMCH.
This was followed by the speech by the President of the outgoing council, Mr Abhishek D Kuriakose who thanked the management for their support during his stint as president. He emphasized that the team effort was the true key to their success.
Fr Ajith Menezes, Administrator, FMMC introduced the members of the new council. The institutional flag was handed over down to Mr Jordan Ridhay Rasquinha, president of the newly elected council by Abhishek D Kuriakose, President of the outgoing council.
Office of honour folders were handed over to the members of the new council by the respective members of the outgoing council:
- Mr Ashrith Kurunji (General Secretary 2019-20) to Ms Melisha Gissel D’Souza (General Secretary 2020-21)
- Mr Kevin Menezes (Secretary of the Student Development Committee 2019-20) to Ms Megha Shaji (Secretary of the Student Development Committee 2020-21)
- Ms Mayuri G Bhat (Cultural Secretary 2019-20) to Ms Monica Patricia Lobo (Cultural Secretary 2020-21)
- Mr George Gomes Bosco (Sports Secretary 2019-20) to Mr Aaron Denzil Lobo (Sports Secretary 2020-21)
- Mr Karthik Murthy (Magazine Editor 2019-20) to Ms Esha Mary Nobbay (Magazine Editor 2020-21)
- Ms Shifal Sudhir (Secretary of Fine Arts Committee 2019-20) to Mr Raghav S (Secretary of Fine Arts Committee 2020-21)
- Ms Sheon Philip (Secretary of Media Committee 2019-20) to Ms Anjali Nair (Secretary of Media Committee 2020-21)
- Mr Monish Kumar G (Secretary of Technical Committee 2019-20) to Ms Angela Biju(Secretary of Technical Committee 2020-21)
Dr Jayaprakash Alva administered the oath to the newly elected council for the year 2020-21.
The president of the ceremony Fr Richard Coelho, Director, FMCI then presented the newly elected members of the council with their respective badges.
This was followed by a speech by the newly elected president of the Student Council 2020-21 Mr Jordan Ridhay Rasquinha who quipped everyone with laughter and humbled attitude with the beginning of his tenure. He lauded the efforts of the earlier council and though shorthanded with time, would warrior on to burden the yolk of responsibilities.
The presidential address delivered by Fr Richard Coelho, Director, FMCI, who was reminded of US president Joe Biden’s speech when the new council president orated his inaugural speech. From the longest serving to the shortest tenure in Father Muller history of student council, what mattered was amicability and zeal to do better. Though the faces were masked, the beaming eyes showed the enthusiasm to carry on the works of the college to greater heights. Like a leaf which sways higher in the wind the students with the support of their management and faculty can reach higher heights. He quoted Micheal Jordan “ I failed and failed a many times to taste success in life”. “The impressions you make, the friends you amass, the managerial skills you hone will make you a true Mullerian and leader of many in times to come”, opined Fr Richard.
All stood still in reverence to the Alma Mater as the institutional anthem played.
The ceremony was concluded by the vote of thanks delivered by Ashrith Kurunji the general secretary of the outgoing council.
Though the pandemic had derailed the student council, their zeal and enthusiasm to bring the strength in each other shined brighter than the sun. Gleaming and confident a new team arises.