Oct 10, 2016:
History of Sacred Heart of Jesus Church Thodambila
Sacred Heart of Jesus at Thodambila, Bantwal is the 117th parish erected in the diocese of Mangaluru on 15.08.2016 on the feast of Assumption of Mother Mary, which was earlier substation of Infant Jesus Church, Modankap. In 1928 primary school was started which was dedicated to Sacred Heart of Jesus. According to the needs and times of the people, people with parish priest thought of having a mass for the neighbourhood especially for the elderly and the sick in the school premises. This movement slowly hatched the idea of building a chapel. Then parish priest late Rev. Fr Charles Saldanha initiated the process of building chapel and foundation was laid in 26.06.2004 on the feast of Sacred Heart of Jesus by Bishop Aloysius P D’souza.
Later Rev Fr Roque D’sa Parish Priest continued the work and the chapel was inaugurated on 19.04.2007. On 13.11.2011 the boundaries for the proposed new chapel and future parish were discussed. On June 27, 2014 Vicar General V. Rev Denis Moras laid the foundation for the presbytery and belfry along with the Parish Priest Fr Maxim Noronha. Then V. Rev Fr Maxim Noronha made an official request to the Bishop to initiate the process of erection of the new parish at Thodambila on 03.12.2015. Presbytery and belfry was inaugurated on 04.06.2016 by Bishop Aloysius P. D’souza. The official decree of erection of the church was promulgated on 25.07.2016 and declared as a new church on 15.08.2016. Fr Kiran Maxim Pinto was made as the first Parish Priest of the Sacred Heart of Jesus Church. To mark this occasion solemn mass was presided over by Vicar General V. Rev Denis Moras on 15.08.2016 at 4 p.m. The new church has 4 wards and 126 families and 544 faithful.
Thodambila Church Inaugration
Thodambila Church Monthi Feast